Welcome to the Ontario Security Training skills and employment network. Start your career as a Security Guard or Private Investigator with the best and most recognized training programs. Our student service team will help you succeed with your training, licensing and employment. You may choose to complete your training in a class or online and advance your skills with our large selection of advanced training courses. Our state of the art electronic certification and transcript program will verify to employers your training accomplishments and awards. Our exclusive employment network will offer you new opportunities everyday through job fairs, email alerts or by browsing through our employment page only offered to Ontario Security Training graduates. Ontario Security Training makes it easy to quickly gain a license and employment with our network of more than 200 employer’s province wide.
Over 71000 Trained
Ontario Security Training has won the 2020 Consumers Choice award for being the best security training provider. Ontario Security Training works hard to establish a strong relationship with our customers and to deliver a high level of service beyond any expectations. Our commitment to guarantee employment, provide the most comprehensive training, and to treat every student with the highest level of dignity has made us the primary choice for students and employers. Thank you to everyone who helped us gain this award.
Apply Now - Employment Opportunities Guaranteed!
Guaranteed Employment Opportunities
Please register with your legal name as it appears on your government issued identification. Ontario Security Training is a division of Canada Guard Security Inc.
- Airport Guards
- Mall Guards
- Condominium Guards
- Mobile Patrols
- Office Guards
- Body Guards
- Loss Prevention
- Private Investigators
- Armed Guards
Advance Your Career
- No experience required
- Top trainers
- Most advanced training systems
- Most recognized training
- Complete training within 5 days
- Training valid throughout Canada
- Full time and part time employment
- 185 employers
- Potential for advancement
- Employment guaranteed after licensing
Earn up to $23/hour plus benefits
Basic Security Guard Training Course Online (32 hours)
The Basic Security Guard Training Course is a legislative requirement to become a licenced Security Guard in most provinces.
- Introduction to The Security Industry
- Security Guard Act and Regulation
- Basic Security Procedures
- Uniforms and Equipment
- Retail Loss Prevention
- Note Taking, Statements, Report Writing and Intelligence
- Emergency Response Preparation
- Canadian Legal System
- General Principles of Evidence
- Legal Authorities
- Effective Communications
- Sensitivity Training
- Use of Force Theory
Must include a First Aid and CPR to complete the security program and gain a training completion number before taking the government Security Guard exam. Licencing and exam fees not included. Employment services available. This training course is recognized across Canada except for Quebec.
Price: $229.95 + HST per person (includes course materials).
Emergency First Aid and Level “C” CPR with AED Program (8 hours)
Emergency first aid training is a legislative requirement. One person must be trained in emergency first aid if five or fewer people work at a given workplace on any shift.
- Emergency Scene Management, Shock, Levels of Consciousness
- Heart attack, Stroke and Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Adult CPR and Choking Sequences
- Infant and Child CPR and Choking Sequences
- Public Access Defibrillation
- Wounds, Bleeding and Burns
- Diabetes, Allergic Reactions, Asthma
Price: $99.95 + HST per person (includes course materials).
All prices subject to change without notice. First AID and CPR Training proviced by Canada Guard Security Inc.
Use of Force Training Course in class (40 hours)
The Advanced Use of Force Training course is designed to enable Security Guards and Private Investigators to hold handcuffs and batons.
- Use of Force Theory
- Introduction to Use of Force
- History of Use of Force
- New Security Guard Legislation
- Federal Authority
- Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Case Laws
- Civil Law
- Situational Awareness
- Threat Factors
- Public Interest
- Physiological Experience
- Dealing with Emotionally Disturbed Persons (EDP)
- Conflict Resolution
- De escalation
- Less Violent Options (LVO)
- Types of Force
- Use of Force Levels
- Use of Force Checklist
- Use of Force Procedures
- Justifiable the Use of Force
- Handcuff techniques
- Baton techniques
- Arrest Procedure
This course must be held in a classroom setting and is only offered to those who qualified. You can expect physical challenges while training.
Price: $299.95 + HST per person (includes course materials).
Private Investigation Training Course online (50 hours)
The Private Investigation course is a legislative requirement to become a licenced Private Investigator in most provinces.
- Introduction to Private Investigation
- Private Investigative Service Regulations
- Definitions and Terms
- Investigators Objectives
- Investigative Process Sequence
- Managing Complaints
- Observation and Memory
- Investigative Techniques
- Crime Scene Management
- Interviewing Techniques
- Privacy Laws
- Principles of Ethical Reasoning/Decision-Making
- Canadian Legal System
- Types of Investigations
- Criminal Investigations
- Fraud Investigation
- Skip Tracing – Missing Person
- Sudden Death
- Rules of Evidence
- Types of Evidence
- Fundamental Principles of Evidence
- Collection, Preservation and Presentation of Evidence
- Trial Courts
- Closing the Investigation Case
Applicants must complete the prerequisite Security Guard Training course before registering for the Private Investigation Course. This Private Investigation course is challenging, and employment assignment is the responsibility of the graduate. Licencing and exam fees not included. This training course is recognized across Canada except for Quebec.
Price: $499.95 + HST per person (includes course materials).